Personal Identity Protection


I plan to protect my personal identity by knowing there are some things I can do to reduce risk.  The FTC website has tips to help protect identity theft.  Here are some I have done.
  1. Call the companies where you know fraud occurred.
2.               2. Place a Fraud Alert - A fraud alert can make it harder for an identity thief to open more
               accounts in your name. You can place a fraud alert by asking one of the three credit              bureaus. It has to put the alert on your credit report and tell the other two credit                      bureaus to do so. The alert lasts one year.
  1. Report identity theft to the FTC.
  2. File a report with your local police department.
To report and recover from identity theft, go to IdentityTheft.gov
For identity theft resources to share in your community, visit ftc.gov/idtheft.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reasons for Good Telephone Skills

Chapter 9 Reflective Essay